Table Pads Direct – Pattern Instructions
Table Pads Direct – Here are the simple instructions on how to make a pattern for your custom made table pads.
If your table is not round or square cornered and has a unique shape to it, then we will have to get a pattern to make your table pads fit perfectly. If you have already check with our table pads model number database and we do not have your make and model, then making your custom table pads pattern is the last resort. We actually prefer a pattern, so we know your pattern will fit your exact table. With your exact sizes and the pattern, we can ensure your table pads will fit perfectly.
Follow these six easy steps:
- Line Pattern paper up with the split in the table where the two halves meet. If there is no split measure and mark the exact half way point on the pattern paper, or you can trace the entire table. If your table is large and the provided paper is not big enough to cover at least half your table, you can always tape on some extra paper of your choice, old wrapping paper, butchers paper etc.
- Place books or heavy objects on the pattern paper to keep it from sliding or wrinkling on you. ( low tact masking tape will work too, if you want to try to hold paper in place).
- Trace the outline of the table ( top flat surface only) by doing a rubbing with the flat side (not the point) of a pencil or dark crayon to reveal the edge. Do not include decorative molding around perimeter or sloped edges (see diagram below) and do not include extension leaves.
- Your pattern should measure within 1/8″ of table measurements due to creases in the paper. Please check for accuracy by using a metal or wood ruler as cloth rulers may stretch or shrink.
- Make sure you write your name and phone number on the pattern paper prior to mailing it to us.
- If your table has straight sides and ends with patterned corners, a corner tracing is all we need for a pattern as long as at least five inches of the straight portion shows on both ends of the curve. You will also need to label which is the side and which is the end so they don’t get reversed.
Remember – patterns are not required for round tables and straight edge tables with square 90° corners. Feel free to order your table pads through our online order form or by phone. 800-350-9419. To save time, check to see if your manufacturer is on our list We might already have your pattern on file. Email us email@example.com with your make and model number and we can check it for you.
TABLE PADS DIRECT – PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS PAGE
Acrobat Reader is required. Get it for free by clicking the gold adobe logo: